Potomac Investment Properties played an integral roll in repositioning an existing asset that was becoming obsolete. Originally developed through a longevous partnership that included the Gewirz family in 1956, the building stood at the prominent corner of K Street and Connecticut Avenue in the Central Business District of Washington, DC. PIP worked with its partners to acquire, vacate, demolish, and rezone both the original property at 1000 Connecticut Avenue and the adjacent building at 1725 K Street, eventually delivering a Leed Platinum building in 2012. The award winning building, standing at 12 stories tall and 383,000 sf was designed by Pei Cobb & Freed Partners and is anchored by the law firm Arent Fox. The property, nominated for building of the year by AOBA, includes 14,000 sf of ground floor retail and ample below grade parking.